What To Expect When You Visit
You may expect to be treated as an honored and respected guest. You will not be embarrassed in any way. In keeping with our effort to carefully follow the Bible, our worship consists only of those activities authorized by command or example in the New Testament.
- On Sunday, the first day of the week, we observe the Lord's Supper as a memorial of our Savior's death (Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 11:24-26).
- We praise God and edify one another through singing (Colossians 3:16), and offer prayers of supplication and thanksgiving (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- Through sermons we exhort one another to "continue steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine" (Acts 2:42).
- Only on Sunday do we take up a collection, and this is so members can give as they have purposed in their hearts (1 Corinthians 16:1-2; 2 Corinthians 9:7). As a visitor, you are our guest, so please do not feel under any obligation to give.
Throughout our service, two principles govern all that we do:
- "Let all things be done for edification" (1 Corinthians 14:25)
- "Let all things be done decently and in order" (1 Corinthians 14:40)
In addition to our worship services, we have Bible classes on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening for all ages. From age one and up, we offer an opportunity for your systematic study of God's Word. We are blessed to have a group of dedicated men and women who take their teaching of God's Word seriously and prepare their classes accordingly.
Why not accept this invitation to visit and worship with the Fortune Road Church of Christ?